Wolfram Research is one of the world's most respected software companies. We are pioneers in computational science and technical innovation, and we pursue a long-term vision to research and develop the tools to make computation an ever-more potent force in today's and tomorrow's world. Our products include Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha, Wolfram SystemModeler, and the Computable Document Format (CDF).
The Role: Academic Account Executive
Do you love to teach or present, but are looking for a new kind of audience? If you have a technical background or passion for math, computer science, engineering, economics, etc. and you’re ready for a new challenge to utilize that technical knowledge in a business-driven way, this positions may be for you.
This is a career in which you can have it all—fulfillment, a challenge to think creatively, and the ability to make money based on the amount and quality of work you put in. You will join a successful sales organization and inherit a territory with a longstanding customer base to grow as well as an unlimited number of new opportunities to foster.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- A strong work ethic and the ability to network
- Analytical and presentations skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Money and success oriented
- Aptitude to learn software needed to complete daily tasks
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- At least one year of direct sales experience, preferably in a technical setting
- Bachelor's degree—preferably in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
Location: Champaign, Illinois