Wolfram, maker of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha, is seeking a Technical Support Receptionist to work with our Wolfram Technology Group. This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in technology and who loves collaborating with intelligent people working on interesting things. This is a part-time, hourly position. Hours are Monday–Friday 10:00am–2:00pm.
- Day-to-day, the Wolfram Technology Receptionist provides support to WTG by answering phone and email correspondence from various support channels provided to our clients and customers.
- Determines eligibility of callers for various Support levels and Services
- Forwards callers to appropriate team or WTG team member, as required
- Informs callers about support policies and company practices, as needs arise
- Creates and records Technical Support Cases and logs caller information
- Monitors required business systems to ensure that they are up and running: ShoreTel, Oracle, SugarCRM, etc.
- Trains new team members in phone reception responsibilities
- 2+ years of administrative or customer service experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to handle both standard and difficult phone conversation situations
- Excellent customer service skills and time management skills, to understand the needs of customers and how to serve them in a timely fashion
- Standard computer user skills, to work with our company's communication and business systems
- Ability to develop basic problem triaging skills in order to determine the most suitable engineer for callers' requests
Location: Champaign, Illinois