Advanced Image Processing with Large Image Support
Mathematica 9 adds many more capabilities to analyze and process two- and three-dimensional images using highly optimized algorithms. Introduction of the interactive Image Assistant, Suggestions Bar, and many more user assistance features helps solve real-world image processing applications, including image classification, feature detection, restoration—all more easily and faster than before.
- Efficient built-in representation of 3D volumes. »
- 3D implementation of many standard image processing algorithms. »
- Out-of-core processing of large images and 3D volumes. »
- Comprehensive color support using CIE color profiles. »
- Support for storing metadata in images including EXIF data. »
- Tracking feature points in a sequence of images. »
- Advanced image processing algorithms including face detection. »
- Histogram transformations for equalization and histogram matching.
- Variety of image distances used for image comparison, classification, and alignment. »
- Elaborate user support provided by the Image Assistant and Suggestions Bar. »
- Integration of the IPP library into many image processing functions for speed improvements.