SEM Makes Supercomputing with Mathematica
Simple--Right on Your Mac
August 12, 2008--SEM
(Supercomputing Engine for Mathematica), a new third-party
application package for gridMathematica and Mathematica
Personal Grid Edition, is now available.
Its key features include the following:
- Supports MPI specification
- Runs Mathematica symbolic manipulation across a cluster, as
cluster computing handles more than numerics
- Drastically reduces execution time for Mathematica
algorithms (up to 8 times faster on a single 8-CPU mode and up to
32 times faster on a cluster of four 8-CPU nodes)
- Maximizes resource utilization in multi-CPU machines
- Performs symbolic manipulations across a cluster
- Employs a distributed memory model for using the RAM of the
entire cluster to run memory-consuming applications
Developed by Advanced Cluster Systems, LLC, and Dauger Research,
Inc., SEM requires gridMathematica 2.2
or Mathematica Personal Grid Edition 6 and is available for
Mac OS X 10.4.11 and up.
For more information, visit the product pages.