Mathematica offers a high level of string computation, with integrated algorithmic functions for
string metrics, nearest-neighbor finding, and cluster analysis, as well as integrated HTML import,
built-in natural language dictionary lookup, and an extensively curated database of word
properties and connections that makes sophisticated natural language analysis immediately
- Efficient nearest-neighbor and cluster analysis for strings, using edit and other distances.
- Integrated import of HTML, with automatic scraping of tabular, textual, etc. data.
- Built-in English dictionary lookup with arbitrary regular expressions.
- Built-in database of 100,000+ words, with meanings, synonyms, and many grammatical, semantic, and morphological properties.
- Integrated parsing and output of dates and times in many formats.
- Built-in standard string hash code algorithms.
- Built-in library of sample famous text passages.