Graphics & Visualization
New and Improved Scientific and Information Visualization
Mathematica 8 strengthens its scientific and information visualization capabilities, including dedicated support for visualizing discrete univariate and bivariate functions with rich support for custom renderings. Charting functions now include a new pairwise bar chart, new chart element functions, and support for scaling functions. Mathematica 8 also introduces support for textures and custom texture mappings in visualization functions as well as dedicated support for control systems and wavelet visualization.
- New generation of visualization for discrete univariate and bivariate functions. »
- Library of discrete extent element functions for rich rendering of discrete functions.
- New paired bar chart. »
- Support for scaling functions in bar charts, histograms, bubble charts, etc. »
- New chart element functions for 3D bar charts etc.
- Support for textures in surface visualization functions. »
- Fully customizable texture mapping for visualization functions. »
- Control system visualizations, such as root locus and Bode plots. »
- Wavelet visualizations, such as scalograms and image plots. »